Many people believe that being a vegetarian means a limited menu. Those that are vegitarians know that this is not always the case, especially if you know where the good restaurants are and how to cook great vegetarian meals at home. Here is a weeks worth of dinner ideas for any vegetarian.
Monday: Quinoa Salad
End Monday on a good note with a nourishing quinoa salad! Follow this recipe:
- Cook 2 cups of red or confetti quinoa.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cool.
- Add one cup of cooked black beans
- Add one cup of cilantro
- Add ¼ cup of chiffonaded basil leaves (fresh)
- Add 1 large red onion (chopped)
- Add three large nectarines, sliced or chopped into bite-sized chunks
- Add olive oil and salt
- Use a balsamic dressing or a vinaigrette
Taco Tuesday: Taco Bake
Have taco Tuesday at home with this great vegetarian recipe!
- Peel and pit 4 large avocados. Use a fork to mash into chunks, you do not want them completely mashed.
- Add 6 ounces of fresh salsa. (Mild, medium, or hot, your preference)
- Add 1 onion, chopped,
- Add taco seasoning (Trader Joes has vegan seasoning)
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add ½ teaspoon coriander
- Use this filling to fill 12 crunchy taco shells
- Put in a baking pan and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream
Wednesday: Vegetable Stir Fry:
In a greased non-stick sauce-pan add the following ingredients over medium/high heat.
- Red pepper sliced
- 1 Green pepper sliced
- 1 Orange pepper sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cups broccoli
- 4 cups white mushrooms
- 1 can water chesnuts (optional)
- Put the lid on the pan and let cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook 8 ounces of rice. This can be Uncle Ben’s 90 second rice, or if you prefer to make it yourself, feel free.
- Add 2 cups of no-cook teriyaki sauce to your vegetables.
- Serve vegetables over rice.
Thursday: Spinach, tomato, grilled cheese (on a bagel)
- Grill an everything bagel
- Add 2 pieces of cheddar cheese, let melt
- Add desired amount of spinach
- Add 2 slices of tomato
- Serve open faced or eat as a sandwich.
Friday: Tomato, basil, and Mozzarella Pizza
On a premade crust or flatbread, use a brush to paint on extra virgin olive oil. Then add thinly sliced tomatoes and mozeralla cheese, in equal parts to pizza. Place in oven and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and enjoy!
Saturday: Buffalo Chick Pea Wraps
Cook 2 cups of chickpeas in ¼ cup of Franks hot sauce. Spread vegan mayo on large romain lettuce leafs. Add chick peas onto lettuce leafs. Drizzle apple cider vinegar over leafs. Add desired about of celery and onion to leaves. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Sunday: Tomato & Artichoke Lentil Soup
Sunday is the day of rest, so don’t spend the day cooking in the kitchen. Simply add these ingredients to your crockpot, let it cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, and enjoy for dinner time!
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans fire roasted whole tomatoes
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ bunch Tuscan kale
Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!